Empowering and retaining the next generation of female leaders
“No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women
and deprives itself of the contributions of half its citizens”
According to multiple studies conducted by McKinsey, Credit Suisse, Grant Thornton, Harvard Business Review, RSA and the like, there are many benefits for companies who have more women in senior positions.
To name a few:
- Increased profits
- Better overall performance
- Better boardroom conversations
- Improved company reputation
One report (read it here) even makes an important point about the value of having an organic “pipeline” of female managers throughout an organization, as opposed to simply installing a female CEO at the top.
But if that’s the case, why aren’t there more women wanting to be the next generation of female leaders?
There certainly isn’t one simple reason but a few recurring factors seem to be that women:
- lack female role models in senior positions (i.e. female leaders who behave as women, not as men)
- don’t like “politics”
- don’t know how to promote themselves
- often undervalue their worth
- tend to put their needs/wants after the needs/wants of others
- find it difficult to manage their time with all conflicting priorities they have in their career and personal life
- think they have to be perfect in everything,
How big would your pool of next generation female leaders be if you could empower your female talent to go
That is where we can step in!
Our extensive experience in working with women as well as in all aspects of Leadership development has allowed us to develop Step Into Your Brilliance, a comprehensive programme to empower women to become the next generation of female leaders.